This listing is for ONE pair of Caribbean Blue Dichroic Glass Earrings. Your eye-catching earrings will come on a personally designed wooden card. When you're not wearing them, this is the perfect place to store, so that you don't have one go missing!
These unique Caribbean Blue Dichroic Earrings have been carefully handcrafted by the skillful artists Carolyn & Anthony Green, who live in Victoria, BC Canada. Each piece of artwork has been carefully designed and fashioned from start to finish using only the finest skills in glass craftsmanship.
The glass has been grooved and fire polished to allow the silver filled wire to tightly hold the glass.
Fused glass is a process of melting layers of glass together in a kiln at temperatures between 1350-1450 degrees Fahrenheit. When the glass has cooled down after 10-12 hours, we then grind the glass with a diamond bit to shape the piece. After, the glass is then fire polished and annealed in the kiln to make the glass smooth, shiny and durable. Each piece of glass goes through 2 to 3 kiln firings before it’s ready to be made into beautiful jewelry.
What makes this glass so sparkly and iridescent is a material called Dichroic that we fuse into the glass. Dichroic was invented in the mid 1970’s by the aerospace industry. The glass is created in a vacuum chamber where a complex process vaporizes metal oxides and crystal quartz to form a film that adheres to the surface of the glass. Thank you for your support and enjoy the compliments.
- Colours will change depending on the different backgrounds. Enjoy this neat effect.
- This item is made to order so it will vary slightly from the pictures, but will be just as pretty.
- Monitors may depict different colours.
- Earrings are approximately (Rectangle) 1.5cm x 1cm.
- These beautiful glass earrings are attached with surgical steel (Nickel Free) ear wires.
- Shipping is provided through regular letter mail in Canada and regular (Tracked) mail in the US. If you wish for tracking in Canada or faster shipping, please do so at check out.